Friday, November 7, 2014

Free Printable Download: DIY Christmas Ornament Gift

Yay! I made it to 1000 sales in my Etsy shop! To celebrate, I designed a free printable.

I've been trying to find ways to keep Christmas focused on Christ. This year I want to do things that bring me closer to Christ rather than just checking off a long to-do list. So, I hope this little ornament printable might remind you and I of the Savior.



This project is really simple, easy, and inexpensive. It would make a fun gift topper, neighbor gift, or gift for the children in your church.



To create this ornament, gather your supplies. You will need: free printable download (4x6 jpeg or 8.5x11 pdf), juice lids, mod podge, a paint brush, a hammer, little hole poker tool (or nail), a piece of scrap wood, scissors, and thin ribbon.



First, poke a hole in your juice lid toward the top. I used a hammer, this little tool, and a piece of scrap wood. But, you could also use a drill. I poked the hole on both sides.



Second, cut your circle printables out. I designed them to fit in a juice lid. But, I printed mine at a photo lab and they got scaled up slightly. So, I had to trim them a tiny bit to fit.



Next paint one side with Mod Podge. Place your nativity circle on the Mod Podge and let it dry. Repeat on the back side using the scripture circle.


Once your Mod Podge is dry, you can poke a hole through the paper. Make sure to line the hole up with the hole you punched in the juice lid. I could feel a little bump where the hole is.



Finally, string your ribbon through the hole. That's it, you're done!

Once again, here are those printable files: 4x6 jpeg & 8.5x11 pdf. Here's a special thanks to this site for providing the lovely nativity image by Gerard Von Honthors.

3 comments:

  1. My family loved doing this for Family Home Evening. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria, I am trying to find these on Etsy. Do you still make these? Thanks! Teri

    ReplyDelete

Yay, You Made a Comment!